Facts and information
- The pirate hotel Abra Havn is a village with 171 pirate shacks and 750 beds.
- The reception is open day and night.
- Fun with the pirates all weekends, Easter vacation, fall vacation, and every day during summer.
- A selection of breakfast options.
- Cleaning, bedding and towels included.
- Free parking and Wi-Fi for all our guests.
20 different pirate shack categories to choose from
Abra Havn is a part of Captain Sabertooth’s universe, with 171 themed pirate shacks in 20 different categories. Choose between everything from small, charming units (2-bed shacks), to the most exclusive homes, e.g. Miriam’s tower (3 bedrooms for 8 people) or even the Captain’s suite!
All of the shacks are equipped with a refrigerator, stovetops and microwave oven, as well as an outdoor area. When the youngest children have gone to bed, you can sit outside and enjoy the scenery, as the sun sets over the bay. Smoking is prohobited inside Abra Havn, including inside the shacks.
Prices vary depending on the season.
More about our breakfast options
Guests in Abra Havn can also book “Frokost med sjørøvere” (Breakfast with pirates): Join Captain Sabertooth’s crew on board, and taste everything from rat soup to skull-shaped waffles. A perfect start of any pirate’s day! This has to be booked separately.
Tickets to the Zoo or the Water Park are only included in the stay if you buy one of our package deals.
See: Frequently asked questions about Abra Havn here.
Only 600 meters separate you and the Zoo’s main entrance. Arrive as a landlubber – leave as a pirate!
For questions regarding booking in Abra Havn
* Booking (weekdays 9 am-4 pm) +47 97 05 97 00 (press 2, then 1).
* Abra Havn reception +47 95 19 63 06.
Abra Havn is located next to the Gras Sea, right by the Zoo, 14 km east of downtown Kristiansand. Follow the sign towards Dyreparken/Høvåg Øst and IKEA, to get to Abra Havn.
Exit numer 87 from Highway 18.
GPS coordinates: Latitude 58 11’ 17,9’ Longitude: 8 9’ 4,6’
All Abra Havn guests have free parking right outside the reception, from the time of check-in to check-out. A parking slip will be required during summer season, and you can pick this up for free at the reception. If you are going to the Zoo on your day of departure (during summer), you can pick up a slip from the reception, which will allow you to park for free in the Zoo’s parking lots.
RESERVE A SPECIFIC SHACK
If you wish to stay in a specific apartment or location, call us at +47 97 05 97 00 (press 2, then 1), on weekdays between 9 am and 4 pm (wishes are restricted to the locations of your chosen shack category). There is a NOK 295 fee for reserving a specific shack. NB: You can reserve a shack up to 2 weeks prior to your arrival.
CHECK-IN AND OTHER IMORTANT ARRIVAL INFORMATION
• Check-in is from 3 pm, but please let us know if you will be arriving later than 7 pm.
• Bedding and towels will be ready inside the shack, and is included in the price.
• All the bottom bunk beds will be made up, and bedding for the top bunks will be placed on top and the pull-out sofa.
• The reception is open 24/7.
• Pets are not allowed inside the shacks or Abra Havn in general.
• Smoking is prohibited inside the village walls of Abra Havn.
ACTIVITIES IN ABRA HAVN
- Guests in Abra Havn are at all times free to explore Valdemar’s abandoned ship, the Saragossa, and the Death Skull, and become a real pirate by solving all the treasure hunt assignments.
- Begin your day with pirates at 8 am (Saturdays and Sundays, vacations and every day in the summer season).
- Stand at the ready on the King’s Square for a proper pirate morning. Every morning, Abra Havn wakes up by the hustle and bustle of pirates singing and dancing. And of course, the flag has to be raised. A perfect start of a new pirate day!
- Preparations for the “trials” (Friday and Saturday night, vacations and every day during the summer season).
As dusk settles (6 pm) all must be on the lookout for pirates in the alleys of Abra Havn, because the pirates need help preparing for the trials later at night, and all the little pirates in Abra Havn have to pitch in.
- Trials from 7:00 pm (Friday and Saturday night, vacations and every day during the summer season).
- Every day, the pirates put on the trials on the playground. Come prepared, and maybe even you can become a real pirate!
PIRATE GUARANTEE/ CLARIFICATION OF EXPECTATIONS
Staying in Abra Havn is something young and old can look forward to, and many come with many expectations when they arrive at the pirate capital of the world. We wish that you arrive the Pirate Hotel Abra Havn with the right expectations. During weekends (from Friday night to Sunday morning), vacations, and during the summer season, you are guaranteed to meet pirates during your stay. Although Captain Sabertooth is the protector of the village, we emphasize that we can never promise the arrival of the Captain himself – but be on the lookout! His men are quick to appear when dawn breaks in Abra Havn.
The Zoo is open every day of the year. What is open inside the park vary depending on the season. The Water Park is open between Easter vacation and fall vacation. To check what is open and any activities, use this link: http://www.dyreparken.no/Aktivitetskalender/
THE PIRATE PUB «DEN SORTE MANN»
If you are hungry after a long day of traveling or walking in the Zoo, you can fill up on a delicious plank of tapas or order a pizza fit to fill a pirate’s belly. The pirate pub is open in the morning and evening for all hungry pirates.
A pirate wants options! We can offer: Breakfast with pirates (limited seating), breakfast buffet, breakfast provisions, or you can bring your own food. All the pirate shacks are equipped with a small kitchen, with stovetops (no oven), a microwave oven, and a kettle. There are also coffee makers in all of the shacks.
Next to the reception, there is a small kiosk, with a selection of snacks and souvenirs, open all day and night (we only accept credit cards at night). We also have a selection of spreads, juice, milk, etc. The selection varies according to the season.
Check-out is no later than 11 am on the day of your departure.
Cleaning is included in your stay, but we ask all our guests to:
• Put on the dishwasher (place large plates on the sides or lying down)
• Place garbage in the trash cans located outside the shacks
• Remember to empty the refrigerator and cupboards for food before you leave
We are really looking forward to welcome you to the Pirate Capital of the world!
Remember a toothbrush to brush those pirate teeth!
Heave ho, Mateys!