FAQ: Dyreparken Hotel
• Where can we find Dyreparken Hotel?
Dyreparken Hotel is located by the main entrance to the Zoo and Water Park. The hotel is quite unique, and is shaped as Noah`s Ark.
• Is it possible to get to Dyreparken Hotel using public transportation?
Train: Get off at Kristiansand Station. Right outside, you will find taxi and busses. Go to www.nsb.no for more information.
Bus from downtown Kristiansand: Use route 100, M1 or 01. For bus schedules, go to www.akt.no.
Bus from Oslo and Stavanger: From Oslo the bus stops by the Zoo. From Stavanger the bus stops at Scandic Hotel Sørlandet (located on the other side of the highway across from the Zoo). For bus schedules, go to www.akt.no.
Bus from Arendal: Bus 100 stops by the Zoo on its way to Kristiansand, and by Scandic Hotel Sørlandet on its way to Arendal. For bus schedules, go to www.akt.no.
Plane: Kristiansand Airport Kjevik is located 11 km from Dyreparken.
• When is check-in and check-out?
Check-in: from 3 pm
Check-out: no later than 11 am
Luggage can be kept in our luggage area if you arrive early, or if you would like to spend the day in the Zoo or Water Park until departure.
• Where can we park our car?
You will find a large parking lot just outside the main entrance. Parking is free of charge for our hotel guests. Handicap parking is located right in front of the hotel`s main entrance.
• Can we bring a pet to the hotel?
Yes, you can. If you would like to bring your pet to your hotel room, please let us know in advance. A NOK 200 fee (per night) will be added to your bill.
• What are the different hotel facilities?
- Each room has its own fridge, kettle and bathroom with shower. Some rooms have a balcony facing the Zoo and Captain Sabertooths World, and if you would like one of these look for «balkongrom m/sjøutsikt» when booking your stay.
- You can rent a baby cot for a fee. The fee differs from high season (NOK 300) to low season (NOK 200). This amount will be a one-time fee per stay.
- It is prohibited to smoke inside the hotel, but you`re allowed to smoke at certain designated areas outside.
- The hotel has 160 rooms, including several handicap rooms and allergy friendly rooms.
- Free unlimited internet access.
- Large playroom for the kids (open from 7 am – 11 pm).
- Free access to the fitness room during your entire stay.
- Kiosk in the reception area open 24/7.
• When can we have breakfast?
Monday – Friday: from 06.30 – 09.30
Saturday – Sunday: from 07.30 – 10.30.
Different opening hours during holidays and the summer season may occur.
Breakfast is included in your accommodation during off-season. During high season, you will have different breakfast options to choose from when booking your stay.
• Are tickets to the Zoo and Water Park included in our stay?
Tickets to the Zoo and/or Water Park is only included if you buy one of our package deals. If you would like to by accommodation and tickets separate, remember that tickets bought online is always cheaper than buying them at the ticket booths by the main entrance (there will be a NOK 50 difference).
• Can we cancel a booking we have made at Dyreparken Hotel?
You can read about the conditions for booking a hotel stay at Dyreparken Hotel here.
Cancellation (prepaid bookings):
For cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date, there is a NOK 250 fee per hotel room.
For cancellations made between 30 and 15 days prior to the arrival date, 50% of the amount you have paid will be refunded.
For cancellations made less than 15 days prior to the arrival date, there will be no refund.
Packets and campaigns:
For packets and campaigns, the conditions below follow:
1. A) Packets and campaigns including overnight stay and dated show tickets, cannot be cancelled or be refunded. The only exception is if the cancellation is made by the organiser. Show tickets cannot be changed. The hotel stay may be changed up to 30 days prior to the arrival date, for a NOK 250 fee.
2. B) Packets and campaigns including overnight stay and entrance tickets to the Zoo/Water Park, cannot be cancelled or be refunded. The hotel stay may be changed up to 30 days prior to the arrival date, for a NOK 250 fee. Any additional cost will be added. Packets are sold at a limited amount, in a limited time and shack categories, and any changes presupposes availability.
• Contact information
Telephone: +47 38 14 64 00
Adress: Dyreparkveien 2, 4609 Kristiansand