FAQ: Kardemomme by (Cardamom Town)
• Where can we get food when the park is closed?
The reception in Abra Havn is open 24/7 (a 8-minute walk from the Zoo’s main entrance). There is a selection of groceries (milk, spreads, bread, etc.), toiletries, and diapers. There are also grocery stores at Sørlandssenteret (2 minutes by car, 15 minutes walking). Dyreparken Hotel offers dinner each night, and there is also a small kiosk in the reception that is open 24/7.
Order dinner? During summer, several of the eateries in the Zoo are open until 7 pm, such as Kjuttaviga Vertshus. These do not require a reservation, except for Sjørøvergrillen.
A simple bandit’s breakfast is included in Cardamom Town during the summer season.
• Can we rent a baby crib?
It is possible to rent a crib for children under 3 years old. That includes bedding.
The price varies depending on the season. You can book a crib at the same time as you make your reservation, or call Booking on +47 97 05 97 00 (press 2, then 1) on weekdays between 9 am and 4 pm.
• "We are a kindergarten/school class and wish to stay in Cardamom Town".
We have special offers for schools and kindergartens. The offer is available on weekdays in specific periods.
• How do we access the Zoo after closing?
The key you receive at check-in also gets you into the Zoo outside opening hours. You use a separate entrance door for this, located to the left of the main entrance.
• Where are the parking spots assigned Cardamom Town-guests?
Each Cardamom Town-house has two reserved parking spots right in front of the main entrance. Each house also has its own trolleys, located next to the parking spot.
• Do we have to bring our own bedding and towels?
Bedding and towels are included. If you want the beds to be ready when you arrive you can purchase this under "Tilleggsprodukter" (NOK 50 for each bed).
• Is it possible to explore the Zoo after closing?
You can explore the park as much as you want during and outside opening hours. During twilight, we recommend bringing a flashlight and venturing around the Nordic Wilderness-area. With fairy tale-like surroundings, you can hear the animals padding, the owls hoots at the top of a tree, and maybe even spot the glowing eyes of the lynx hiding in the shrubbery. Excitement for young and for old!
• Do we have to clean the apartment at departure?
Cleaning is included in the price, but we ask all our guests to remove dishes from the dishwasher.
Bedding and towels can be put in the laundry bags by the door.
• When and where is check-in and check-out?
Check-in is from 3 pm in the Abra Havn reception.
Check-out is no later than 11 am, and the keys can be dropped off at the Guest Services by the main entrance.
• Is it allowed to bring dogs and pets when we are staying in Cardamom Town?
Dogs and other pets are not allowed in Cardamom Town. During the day, dogs can be put in the Zoo’s kennel outside of the park.
• Payment and cancellation
The entire sum must be paid when you make your booking. Check “Cancellation and conditions” under questions about Abra Havn.
• What is included in the price when staying in Cardamom Town?
* Bedding, a small and large towel, parking and cleaning. Entrance tickets is not included, and must be bought separate. The tickets must be valid from the day of arrival and thoughout the day of departure.
* Also included in selected periods:
23.06.18 - 05.08.18: Simple bandit’s breakfast
23.06.18 - 04.08.18: Tickets to the show Sirkus Jesper
Year-round ticket holders get a half-off discount in October. This can be booked through the booking services.
If your stay overlaps between two seasons, the price is calculated based on you departure day, e.g. if you arrive Friday in pre-summer and leave on Saturday in high season, your price will be based on the high season.
• Which of the Cardamom Town houses can we rent?
You can choose between houses for 5, 7 and 12 people.
All the houses are equipped with: Bedrooms, bathrooms with showers and toilets, living room with television, small kitchen with a refrigerator, two stovetops, a kettle, utensils, pots and pans.
The acitivites in Cardamom Town vary depending on the season. Two be certain the actors are present during your stay, go to the daily program on the www.dyreparken.no front page.
Prices: Vary according to season.
• Can we cancel a booking we have made in Cardamom Town?
You can read about the conditions for booking a stay in Cardamom Town here.
For cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date, there is a NOK 250 fee per house.
For cancellations made between 30 and 15 days prior to the arrival date, 50% of the amount you have paid will be refunded.
For cancellations made less than 15 days prior to the arrival date, there will be no refund.
Packet and campaigns
For packets and campaigns, the conditions below follow:
1. A) Packets and campaigns including overnight stay and dated show tickets, cannot be cancelled or be refunded. The only exception is if the cancellation is made by the organiser. Show tickets cannot be changed. The hotel stay may be changed up to 30 days prior to the arrival date, for a NOK 250 fee.
2. B) Packets and campaigns including overnight stay and entrance tickets to the Zoo/Water Park, cannot be cancelled or be refunded. The hotel stay may be changed up to 30 days prior to the arrival date, for a NOK 250 fee. Any additional cost will be added. Packets are sold at a limited amount, in a limited time and shack categories, and any changes presupposes availability.
Telephone: +47 97 05 97 00
Address: Kristiansand Dyrepark, 4609 Kardemomme by