Corona virus information in English
Dyreparken Zoo and Amusement Park in Kristiansand is open every day of the year. We follow the guidelines required by the State and Local health administrations. A variety of enhancements have been implemented to secure everybody´s safety, such as increased sanitation measures, and the request for visitors to abide by social distancing guidelines.
Online reservations only: In order to properly manage the number of guests in the park, online reservations will be required to visit, for general admission guests and for Annual Card holders. You also have to book a slot time for your entry. This means: If you do not pre-order your admission tickets, we cannot guarantee there are tickets available at your requested slot time, or that you can enter the Park that day.
Do you need help to pre-order admission tickets? You can call us on 00 47 97 05 97 00 for help between 10 AM and 2 PM on weekdays. BUT: Due to a large number of inquiries we cannot guarantee that your request will be handled immediately. Please be patient. In the meantime: We hope the information on this page will answer most of the common questions.
Main infection control precautions
1: Extended opening hours (08.00 AM – 08.00 PM) from June 20 to August 2.
2: Online reservations will be required. You also have to choose your requested slot time for entry (mandatory) June 20 – August 9.
3: Maximum numbers of guests every hour. (Note: All tickets can be sold out – and there may not be more available tickets at certain time slots).
The Park area is over 600 acres, mostly outdoor area. Our greatest concern is the safety of our guests, our employees and our animals. If you have been abroad (except Denmark) during the last two weeks, you will not be allowed admission to our facilities. Stay home if you have symptoms and follow the national guidelines. Please make sure you have good hand hygiene and keep the recommended social distance while you visit the park. Then we will do our best to ensure your safety while visiting us.
- Introducing afternoon ticket: For the first time we introduce a half day ticket, an Afternoon ticket (valid from 4 PM to 8 PM). Only available to August 2nd.
- Hygiene: Extended hygiene precautions at all our restaurants, activities, playgrounds and other areas.
- Park Patrol: «Dyreparken Park Patrol» is a team of special trained employees dressed in pink T-shirts. Their mission is to make sure our visitors are safe, and they are available for all sorts of questions. Your host of the day!
- Family Circles: At a number of activity areas you will see our visual «Family Circles» on the ground. This is to help everybody to keep social distancing. Make sure to place your family / group within a Family Circle while waiting in line.
- Food order: Mandatory: All food have to be pre-booked in our app. Download the «Dyreparken» app, and log in – before you order your meal.
- No cash: To reduce the risk of contagion, it will not be possible to pay with cash in Dyreparken in 2020. You have to pay with a bank/credit card or through the Dyreparken app. Cash can be exchanged for a gift card at Gjesteservice or at Laumanns Lager. Any sum left on the card can be exchanged back to cash the same locations.
Only a couple of closed areas
Only two of our areas are closed, Bevaringshuset and Tårnet i Kardemomme by.
Due to the outburst of the corona epidemic in March, we had to delay the building of Kaptein Sabeltanns Kongelige Sjørøverteater. This theatre will be opened 2021.
Daily programme: Click here for our Activity calendar (NB: Only available in Norwegian).
Questions: Please send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: July 30, 11:38 PM